The Jacques and Gloria Gossweiler Foundation in cooperation with
the Swiss Society of Hematology
4th Hematology Research Physician-Scientist Fellowship Award
The yearly JGGF Hematology Research Fellowship Award is granted to any physician-scientist in postgraduate training in hematology to become a specialist in hematology of the Swiss Medical Association (FMH). The goal is to enable young physicians to start their career in clinical and/or laboratory hematology research.The expectation is that this award will provide the basis for subsequent other competitive funding as e.g. funding from the Swiss National Science Foundation, the Swiss Cancer League or the like. The project has to be performed in a recognized Hematology training center in Switzerland.
The award of CHF 50’000 is granted for one year and is meant to cover 50% physician-scientist protected research time. The remaining salary gap must be ensured by the training center in which the research will be performed. Grant renewals might be given upon exceptional performance.
Application deadline: 31 March 2023
The application for funding has to meet to the following formal requirements (→ PDF Requirements):
- application letter including information on how the 50% of the remaining salary of the applicant will be guaranteed.
- project description (max. 3 pages, font: Arial; font size: 11 pt; line spacing: 1.5)
- a one-page summary of the project
- budget form
- CV and list of previous publications of the applicants (if any)
- letter of commitment regarding financial, personal and material support by the head of the hematology training center where the research will be performed
- completed form « basis data »
All requested documents must be in English language.
Applicants are requested to prepare one single PDF – File with all above items and to submit it by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Furthermore, a hard copy should be sent together with the application form to the Secretariat of the Foundation: Jacques und Gloria Gossweiler Stiftung, Taubenstrasse 8, Postfach, 3001 Bern, Switzerland
The Hematological Scientific Advisory Board of JGGF is presided by Prof. Dr. med. André Tichelli.